Global Precipitation Maps History&Forecast
Get current, forecast and historical global precipitation weather maps with a 10 minutes-step via the easy-to-work API.
Features of Global Precipitation Map
This product includes two types of forecasts:
- Forecast for the next 6 hours for the US territory
- Forecast for the next 2 hours for other global areas
Historical weather map for the previous 2 days
Update period: every 10 minutes
Resolution: less than 1 km
Global Precipitatoin Map is based on global weather models, satellites, radars and our OWM NWP-ML technology.
There is the OpenWeather Interactive Weather Maps with Global Precipitation layer, which provide users with free access to visual data.
URL format and parameters
Use the following URL format and parameters to get weather maps. Please pay attention to the URL example.
||required||Number of zoom level
The minimum value is 3, and the maximum value is 7
||required||Number of x tile coordinate|
||required||Number of y tile coordinate|
||required||Your unique API key (you can always find it on your account page under the "API key" tab)|
||required||Date and time of (Unix time, UTC), e.g. 1600781192.
To get historical or forecast data, please specify the date in your API request.
Please pay attention to the points bellow to avoid possible errors:
- Please specify dates in all API requests.
- Please specify dates with 10 minutes steps. For example, 1600780200, 1600780800, 1600781400, etc.
- Please specify dates not earlier than 2 days from the current time and not later than 6 hours from the current time.
You need to insert the generated URL into special plugins.
For example, Leaflet, OpenLayers. You can also use any other apps that support the display of layers. Learn more.
Libraries to connect weather layers
The following functions are available for the OpenLayers library:
- Classes of weather layer and weather stations layer
- Possibility to set your own style
- Classes with clustered markers
- Support of marker server clustering
- Embedding of layer with current weather in cities
- Embedding of layer with weather stations
- The library supports customer clustering